Nine reasons to Lose Weight
That have nothing to do with
Fitting into your Skinny Jeans
If your carrying extra weight, you probably already know there are a myriad of health-related reasons to slim down. While it may seem impossible, little steps will carry you bit by bit down your weight loss path to your ultimate goal. There’s no doubt that dropping weight will make you look and feel better, but there are numerous other benefits that you can realize while on your weight loss journey, which have nothing to do with how you look in your skinny jeans.
- Fewer Asthma and Allergy Symptoms– the link may not be immediately obvious, but new research has found that for some people, being overweight can make their asthma and allergy symptoms worse. Carrying excess weight on your body puts a burden on the adrenal glands, and your adrenal glands help manage asthma and allergies.
- Arthritis Relief– Not only does losing weight help relieve arthritis pain, it can also help keep you from developing arthritis—the less you weigh, the less stress on the joints.
- Less Foot Pain– In a recent study, people who had lost an average of 9 lbs found that their incidence of foot pain lowered by 83%.
- Glowing Skin– There are numerous ways being overweight may affect your skin, which is the body’s largest organ. Both skin elasticity and color can be altered by lack of proper nutrition, and a diet high in carbohydrates and sugar can cause pale skin and skin tags.
- Better Mood– When you are overweight, your entire system will be out of balance, including the hormones that affect your mood. Losing weight many increase your overall sense of well-being and decrease feelings of depression.
- Improved Cognition and Memory– A recent study found that older adults who were overweight scored worse on cognitions tests than adults who were at a healthy weight.
- Sounder Sleep– We all know the importance of a good nights sleep. The most common prescription for sleep apnea is weight loss.
- Reverse Type 2 Diabetes– Losing weight greatly improves and may reverse Type II diabetes, which may be the best benefit of all to avoid future complications.
- Economic Savings– Many think that eating a healthy diet is costly, however the money saved in medical costs, missed work, and disability far outweighs the cost of being healthy.